Eggah with broad beans, cavolo nero, potato and mint
Recipe by: chip butties and noodle soup
- preheat the oven to 190C
- grease a roasting dish - I used a rectangular one about 13X10 size
- pod the broad beans then if necessary blanch for 2-3 minutes in boiling water before peeling the skins.
- finely chop the cavolo nero and saute in olive oil for a few minutes until softened.
- Chop the potatoes and add with the broad beans to the cavolo nero - season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs then add to the vegetables - mix together then add to your roasting dish.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until set but still a bit wobbly in the centre - it will firm up when you take it out of the oven.
- Serve hot or cold - enjoy and let me know how you get on :-)
- NB: you can also cook your eggah in a frying pan like a tortilla or fritatta.
- top with dollops of soft cheese or thick yogurt/labneh.
- chopped fresh herbs - mint, dill, coriander or parsley would all be great.
- Few sprinkles of paprika or cumin.