|Summer berry sernik (Polish cheesecake) by how to eat properly|
cooking time: less than 5 minutes
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
your choice of herbs and spices
- heat the milk until just below boiling point (there should be a few small bubbles on the surface of the pan) then take off the heat.
- add the lemon juice and leave for 5-10 minutes for the cheese to curdle and separate.
- drain through a sieve lined with muslin/cheesecloth. When the whey has drained away what you are left with is the curds/farmer's cheese.
- place the drained cheese in a bowl and mix in the chopped herbs/spices (if using) then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- This cheese doesn't last long - just a few days in the fridge, but I'm sure you will eat it all before that.
|Serve your Polish farmer's cheese with a fresh, and Summery tomato salad|