This can serve 4-6 people however I left a pot of it in the fridge and all but one portion was devoured by a hungry husband and large 17 year old step son!
- Fry the lamb on both sides until nicely browned
- Add chopped veg and spices and fry for a few minutes until softened and slightly browned
- At the same time in a separate pan bring the lentils to a rapid boil for 10 minutes before draining and adding to a pan with the tinned tomatoes, grains, stock and seasoning
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for an hour until the lamb and veg are tender
- Remove the lamb and shred with a fork and remove any bones before putting the meat back in the soup
- Serve with crusty bread and butter if you like - I hope you enjoy!